Sunday 17 April 2011

The moment I died when I fell in a puddle, and then I ate a sandwich

Listen,

It is present day, 2011. I am playing my high school soccer game between our own Massey Mustangs and Villanova. A very cloudy, thunderous day with raindrops the size of elephant tears. I was running down the field with the ball, people calling for it down near the goal. I decided to selfishly shoot myself. I embarrassingly missed the ball completely and flew backwards landing in a huge puddle, back first. On impact, I was somewhere else.

It is future time, 2024. I can't see out of one eye from swelling while I am blinded by my own blood streaming down my forehead on the other eye. My legs are tied to the pegs of a wooden chair while my hands are tied to each other around the back rest of the chair. From what I can tell from my limited vision is a cold hand holding a hot, loaded weapon with the barrel pointed right at my forehead. "I'm not going to ask you again. Where is it?", a voice spoke. "I have no idea what you are talking about", I replied. "Fine then." The cock of a gun and the feeling of cold metal on my shaking skin, and then the bullet collided with my forehead and I was walking out of a sandwich shop. So it goes.

Present day, 2011. I am crossing the street, soaking wet, with only one thing on my mind: the savory goodness of a Subway sandwich after a hard fought soccer game. I took out the sandwich out of the packaging halfway across the street when all I hear is horns of the semi-truck headed straight for my path. I close my eyes and I am on the ground, saved by a heroic stranger. I say only one thing, "I owe you my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment