Sunday 17 April 2011

Faith or Free Will? <---- see what i did there

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!"

Fate or free will? or in this situation, faith or free will? Faith could mean patriotic, or religious, or so on. From my research of Vonnegut, I would take it as religious.

He is an atheist. He doesn't believe that everything happens for a reason. Rather than having fate control everything, he believes that the person controls his/her own future, which greatly relates to my latest post. Unstuck in time.....maybe his own way of saying that we control our own fate. Examples are included in the last post but they are very good examples, so I'll state one again. Roland Weary's death wish was for someone to avenge his death by killing Billy. Billy later transports himself to the future where he is assassinated. These events could be linked psychologically, within Billy's mind, or could be linked by free will.

This is a rather short post but I believe that the above paragraph states all that needs to be typed. But because it's so short I'll include a picture of a monkey for entertainment. It's one of the few good things about modern times.
So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment