Sunday 17 April 2011

Feature Film. Good or Bad? No idea.

We all saw the trailer for SH5 in class. Some people thought they would see the movie only based on the trailer and some say they wouldn't. Now what is my opinion? I gotta say, I'm on the fence here. I do agree with most of my classmates on the basis that the trailer was crappy as hell. It was either a fan-made trailer, or the professional trailer maker person at the company was on more cocaine than Huxley. But the trailer worked.

By worked I mean it was effective. Yah it sucked but I'm a guy. We are intrigued by watching war and blood and killing, but were not psychopaths. Who in the right mind could get a good picture of the plot of the novel from a movie trailer. Absolutely nobody. There is more common sense in a pencil than the people who would try to reenact this novel. You are in so many places at once, you have to read the paragraph 3 times over just to understand the present year.

I guess I am sort of bias, well everybody is. We all read the novel and we could make out more of the plot out of the trailer than someone who hasn't read the book. For someone who hasn't read the book, it would look even better. "Ooooo....war, yet futuristic, yet calm, yet....", and on and on they would go until their breath dies out, so it goes, and then they finish with, "Intriguing." They don't know how things will turn out. No one does You can't judge a book by its cover.

When I first saw the Clash of the Titans trailer, (below), I thought it would be a godly movie, pun intended. I honestly thought that the trailer was the best trailer I've ever seen. And I was right. But it was the most disappointing movie I have ever seen. It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but I had so much hope that this would be amazing....and it wasn't. You'll see what I mean. Most effective trailer ever.

Back to SH5. Only because I read the book, there is a chance that I wouldn't see it because I know nobody could physically pull this off. If I hadn't read the book, I would. Like I said, the trailer worked. I would like to see what Vonnegut's opinion on the movie would have been.
So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment